fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fishin757

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mud yours look good. i was wondering about cutout and pocket style flares specifically though

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
They are srill gonna be hella expensive unless you can find em used

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw some on lmc for about $800 but they are really nice k believe the are 3" pocket style

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a guy here in Dallas that has the four piece set of new flares for $120 and the 6 piece set for four door tahoes for $140, he advertises on craigslist for em...

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of the factory flares for a pickup at the local Pick-n-Pull for $40, screwed 'em on my 4-door. The fronts fit just as they should, but the back flares (obviously) covered both the door and the fender.

So I took a RotoZip tool, and followed the contour of the rear door, cutting the rear flares into two-piece units. The flare DOES overhang the door on the bottom, it doesn't conform to the rocker panel like the "true" 4-door flares. But Big Deal....

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ thats the answer i was looking for! thank you!

...and they work just fine, BTW.....

when I mounted them, I didn't use the factory brackets, I simply drilled holes in them and used self-tapping screws, with screw caps over them. I have the look of pocket-cutouts without actually cutting (much of) anything, they stick out about 1 3/4" past the fenders.

Regarding the (much of) comment.... the 285/75/16's I have on my '96 stick out further than they would if I'd used stock wheels, I have +6mm offset on my wheels as opposed to the -25mm offset, and the tires rubbed on the rear of the front fenders. I'd cut the rear of the fenders and the back of the plastic valance panel (and tapered the bumper, too) for clearance with the tires/wheels.... I stretched the flares to cover the cut, the flares now are even with the gap between the front fenders and the doors, if I didn't stretch them there would be almost 1 1/2" of fender showing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968