finally got my borla muffler on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teacher Todd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I wonder how hard it would be to fit this muffler on my 2002 escalade... Love the sound of yours.

BLKTah02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like my muffler setup is totally different than yours?? I have 2 inlets

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I think the Denali and 2500 trucks, both with 6.0 come like that. But I didn't think anything with a 5.3 did. Mine has a single in dual out

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I wanted to do the exact same thing instead of buying an entire exhaust kit

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welded mine on over the weekend! Its the same muffler but offset/offset. It sounds awesome, nice a deep at idle and getting up to speed and pretty much no drone at highway speeds. Thanks for the help YukonXL04:beer:

My factory pipe was a single in dual out. The pipe coming in is 3" and the factory pipe coming out the muffler is a little smaller than 3". If you look at your exhaust in the rear you can see the factory sleeve that is welded in for the Y. All I did was cut the sleeve out and weld it back together and added about 14" of 3" exhaust pipe.

borlamuffler.jpg

OP
OP
YukonXL04

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Look good man. So I see the offset/offset worked for you. Did it cause any problems?

Yea I love the sound. It will get a little louder though. When I first installed mine honestly it was barely noticeable. After a week or so it started sounding better.

I really like that you can hear it good as your getting up to speed then once you start cruising it pretty much disappears. Its got a good sound to it.

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah worked great, no problems at all. It's great being quiet at cruising speeds because I can still use the Bluetooth from the headunit without having to yell over the exhaust

Time2Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard the Borla Pro XS mufflers in person, but the Borla XR1 mufflers are AMAZING. Hands down my favorite muffler on the GM LSx engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts