First-Row Bench Seat Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRedTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know there are plenty of threads about swapping your second-row seats, and some about putting captain's chairs up front in a truck that game with a front-row bench. But I have a separate question.

I have a 2001 Tahoe with a center console and captain's chairs up front. I'm wondering if it's possible to swap it over to a three-seat bench, that'd help me convert it to a camper while still having four usable seats (one in the rear). Can you do it with a bench seat from a Tahoe? Or one from a Silverado? Any ideas on where I could find an intact bench?

Best,
Mack

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For whatever it's worth to you,
I already deleted (and disposed of) the center console (with reel cassette player) between my front seats.
Now I'm just looking for a center-seat, one that makes a pretty good center console when folded down.
My understanding is that our GMT800s will accept a GMT8xx, GMT9xx, or even a GMTK2xx fold-able center front seat.
Far more likely to be found in a pickup vs an suv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cjamaco79