Flush antifreeze

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to flush the antifreeze in the Yukon but without a radiator cap how would I get the antifreeze back in the system? Would I just pour it in to the overflow? Also is there a bleed valve or something if I have to pour it into the overflow?

07whitetahoe

Reaction score
Best bet to avoid air locks, have it vac'ed out at a reputable shop. The cap on the reserve is the radiator cap, but these are easy to get air locks but just draining and filling.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Air will blow it's way out and the reservoir will drain and fill the air space. Make sure to check after your first few drives that you have enough coolant in the overflow.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Oh, make sure you turn the car off with your heater on

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best bet to avoid air locks, have it vac'ed out at a reputable shop. The cap on the reserve is the radiator cap, but these are easy to get air locks but just draining and filling.

You know I haven’t even had the cap off of the reservoir tank, but if I remember it just looks like a regular cap. These systems would have to be sealed and pressurized with a pressure valve somewhere (like a regular radiator cap), then when the systems cools it would suck fluid out of the reservoir back into the system. So I’m not so sure just pouring the antifreeze in the coolant reservoir to fill the whole system would work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan