Foldin Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewartm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the wires to fold mirror in and out with my keyless entry install?

Thanks..
Mike

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
03+, it is all controlled by the driver door module.

If you want fold in/out with arm/disarm, you will have to wire in a timed ouput for fold in, and than reverse the voltage on the same wires for fold out.

Much like a 530t on a window motor.

Its possible, as I have this setup, but its not a simple install pending your install level skill.

The only negative is that I will blow the 10 amp fuse if I arm/disarm consecutively due to the voltage reversal, but that only happens if I hand the keys to someone else, usually a DD.

OP
OP
S

stewartm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I planned on the the 530t method but wondered if there was wire(s) i could just use to "trigger" the fold in or out. As I push the button down for a second to close or open it.

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I planned on the the 530t method but wondered if there was wire(s) i could just use to "trigger" the fold in or out. As I push the button down for a second to close or open it.

No wires to access for that, as it's all done at the circuit board within the driver's door module.

And to actually use a 530t, you would have to modify it for the little-to-no resistance that the mirror motors provide as opposed to a window motor.

OP
OP
S

stewartm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No wires to access for that, as it's all done at the circuit board within the driver's door module.

And to actually use a 530t, you would have to modify it for the little-to-no resistance that the mirror motors provide as opposed to a window motor.

Think it would be better to use 2 x 528T's?