foreign noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for about a mth now ive been hearing this strange noise coming from under my kon (i think) while make left turns. it sounds like somethings rubbing and i thought it was my hub assembly. i had the assembly changed and the noise was immediately lessened but still there. last night i got under there and lubed 11 grease points. i havent heard it again "yet" but if it comes back what should i check next?

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i heard it again and this time it was after making avery slow turn onto a bumpy street. ive turned at this street about 4 times today and every time i make the turn, get about halfway into 1st gear and i hear a faint rubbing noise then at the same left turn i normally hear it at i heard it again. could this maybe be the rotors being warped from letting the hub assembly go without repair for so long? also when traveling down the highway i get some swaying from time to time. could it be the sway bar or just the sway bar endlinks? what do i look for when i go to check these areas out tommorrow? somebody please reply something.

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so nobody wants to help me out. i guess ill keep posting then.........got out there and visually inspected things and didnt notice any loose, broken, or missing parts. i read somewhere that a guy didnt see any damage but tightend his end links a little more and it solved his problem so i guess ill try that now.

RKitagawa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lilsolo68,
What's going on, I know how you are feeling about the slightest squeaky/rubbing sound when turning left. I too recently been experiencing the same noise and it's bothering me.

When turning left at around 10mph to about 25mph on a smooth street, I hear the rubbing sound (high pitch) coming from the front of the car. I haven't been able to narrow it down, however your guess is as good as mine. I am considering your last post and will look into the sway bar, end links and bushings. It's just hard for me to imagine that even at that slow speed, noise can come from those areas. I don't hear it at high speeds so I have no clue.

A little background on my truck: Pitman, Idle arms, rotors and right steering rods with ball joints have been replaced.

Let me know what you find out and I will do the same.

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same noise when I turn slightly top the left. It happens at slow speed or when I'm on the hwy too. Just started this past weekend. Let me know if you hear anything.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any popping involved? Could be a u joint...

OP
OP
lilsolo68

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i still dont know what it is. ive now replaced my rotors and brake pads, they were due for an upgrade anyway. i did however notice that when riding on the passenger side there is a slight vibration(rumble in the floorboard). im also starting to get more sway mostly to the left. a friend of mine has a tahoe and had similar symptoms and he tighten something down. cant remember what but i know you can access just by reaching over the top of the tire(standing in frontof the wheel).

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing here..

I have it too and would love to know the cause. I can replace bushings, control arms, hubs, ball joints, but I don't want to replace everything. Need a cause, help!

LTC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
replace hub bearing assembly

My 2000 Tahoe has been making that same kinda noise for months when turning right- sounded like I had run over the neighbors dog and was getting embarrassing so I took it back to mechanic yesterday and he replace left front hub bearing assembly and noise is now gone (first time i took it to him he couldn't figure out where it was coming from but this time it was more pronounced so he found it).

So since yours is doing the same thing turning left, I'd guess your problem is the right front hub bearing assembly

Hope this helps!

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
^1+. Jack up the front, pull on the wheel. Top and bottom, and left and right. That will give you some indication of what it could be or not. Tighten sway bar endlinks just incase. Did you replace both hub bearing assemblies? NOISES SUCK!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alfred091