Front and Rear Diffs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRTAHOE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried running some searches and found some good info but still had a few questions on some things.

I'm looking to change the fluid in the front and rear diffs on my 05 Z71 Tahoe. I'm I'm reading the Manuel correctly, the front needs 80W-90 fluid and the Rear takes 75W-90?

How much fluid will I need for each Diff, am I looking at the fluids for each diff correctly and does it need any additives? I'm looking at going for Mobil 1 for now but might switch to RP as I've read alot of good things.

I have the GU6 and G80 RPO codes for my truck if that helps any.

Thanks!
-Mike

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best recommendation I can make when doing diffs, if you pull covers, replace gasket with LUBE LOCKER brand gasket - Simply the best gasket Ive ever used.

I think the rear diff takes near 3.5 bottles of the Mobil 1 75/90 - can't remember the front amount - super easy job impossible to screw up with the exception of a good clean up and new gasket job.

Check out Lube Locker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925