Front axel locked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demon71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's almost like I'm in 4WD, but I know that I'm not. When I turn tight corners, the front end jumps like it's in 4WD. Kind of keeps grabbing and then breaking loose. Almost like I had limited slip in the front end. Have tested the actuator and that seems to be working normally.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
I've noticed the same problem with mine a couple times. Feels like one of the wheels is dragging in a tight turn. Only happened to me about 4-5 times and hasn't done it since my drop, although I rub slightly on tight turns so I try to avoid them all together

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes the actuators fail on the transfer-cases... Or, are you in Auto 4 wheel drive mode? Does it happen in 2 wheel drive?

Did you buy the truck used? Maybe someone installed a locker...

Make sure your front axle, bearings or front drive shaft is working properly. Also, check your power steering.

OP
OP
D

demon71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never use auto 4wd, This happens in 2wd, I talked to a GM tech and he said if it's not the actuator it's the front diff

GM-MAN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick test is to just unscrew the actuator and take it off
Not actuated, the internal slideon the actuator is retracted
You could then push the plunger in the axle with your finger to see if sliding properly or stuck in
you may have to 'rock' the vehicle a little while pushing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts