Best Magnetic Ride Replacement for Motion Sickness Prone Family

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K2xxSteve

K2xxSteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you drive predominantly on pavement, I suggest that you consider Michelin Defender tires. They are pricey, but they are warrantied for 70,000 miles, and they have taken everything that the NH winters can throw at them.

Also as stated above, the Hellwig sway bars are incredible, and would deliver an improved handling experience well over what you have now.
I ditched the factory Bridgestones at 10k miles due to both highway resonance/buffeting sound issues (known platform issue) and also because one of them bubbled out. Have been on Michelin Premier tires ever since. Great tires. Will need a new set of them soon, but also considering ditching the 22's which came on this truck and going back to the 20's which I know will definitely help the ride quality. Will keep the FSB/RSB in mind, depending on which way I go.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
1) Family first
2) Safety has Zero regrets
3) OEM / BWI units w/ lifetime guarantee.
4) Hellwig Sway bars.

If it worked well when you got it, it’ll be even better with OEM replacements and Hellwig’s. Tricking an active suspension vehicle to read 100% everything is OK when it’s trying to right itself, with family, may carry some regrets.

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tricking an active suspension vehicle to read 100% everything is OK when it’s trying to right itself, with family, may carry some regrets.
How exactly would it act upon the vehicle if the suspension is no longer active? This is nonsense.

Eighthtry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a now former owner of a 204,000 mile 2011 Yukon Denali XL All Wheel Drive with the factory 4 wheel MagneRides with the Auto adjust rear air, I am amazed that you want to change them out. That set up, coupled with an upgraded Helwig front sway bar and an added Helwig rear sway bar, is "bar" none, the best suspension I have EVER had under a passenger car. I tow nothing. It was a pure road car. It was as stable at 95 as it was at 65. It made no difference if there were 6 adults in it, or just 2, which was the usual. It was dead straight down the road. No erasing. My Bridgestones typically ran 60,000 miles before I got tired of looking at them.

I just replaced it with a 2023 Yukon Denali XL Four Wheel Drive, same set up EXCEPT, it has Air Ride instead of springs. We have had it on the road. Every bit as good as the 2011, except quieter. Same Bridgestones from the factory as I have been running on the 2011. Very controlled ride.

Good luck with the changes. You will not like them. Guaranteed.

Eighthtry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
By the way, tires are huge. Michelin Defenders and Bridgestone Duelers are all I ever run. You can sacrifice some ride and move up to 22" and reduce some erase action, but I don't think enough to make any difference.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured I would write in to MagDelete and ask them directly about what I basically posted in here, which option would have about 75% the stiffness and body roll control as the OEM Magneride. Their response was perplexing to say the least. Is this not completely opposite? The OEM Magneride shocks and springs are much more FIRM than the "premium ride" passive suspension, and the whole point of Magneride is to REDUCE body roll and pitching while having some dynamic adaptability on the shocks. I've always been amazed at how flat the cornering is with this 6000lb SUV, and how little (zero) nose dive there is even in panic stops. It's a night and day difference vs the standard premium ride. What on earth is this guy talking about? The Magneride suspension is super soft and has tons of body roll???? What?

Anyways, totally not helpful and now I'm even more confused. Does not instill confidence in purchasing one of these kits to say the least, even though I've seen some positive reports on them.
he's not wrong it is the best when "working as designed" it's total crap when it fails

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put Bilsteins on the silverado + airlift 5000's, airlift wireless pump, hellwig sway bar on the front, with 33" tires the thing rides like a couch no complaints

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chased looking for a decent shock. Arnotts sagged and the ride was eh.

I wouldn’t waste the money on the fox 2.0

If you are going that route do the mag ride foolers and get a proper shock like a carbon shock or king.
Carbon will tune the shock for you and are more affordable.

If you get kings, order through filthy motorsports and pay to have them tuned. The generic tune they send the shocks with are just ok and leave a lot to be desired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369