Front axle question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys. New to the forum. I have an 07 lt Tahoe without air suspension and its a 4x4. I installed a TGC leveling kit today and now I have a small problem, or maybe it's just more pronounced. The passenger front tire has always rubbed the front inside fender when backing with the wheel to the left. After the lift its even worse... When I measure from the front of my front tire to the inside of the front fenders on bothe sides, there is about an inch difference. It's like the passenger side front tire is closer to the bumper by an inch or slightly more. It has never been wrecked so i don't believe anything could be bent. Can an alignment shop adjust the a arms horizontally? It doesn't look to me like these axles have the ability to be adjusted horizontally from front to back. I was planning bigger tires but I'm rubbing with worn out 275/55/20's. does anyone have a clue? Anybody else run into this?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The amount you speak of sounds like a lot, but there should be some adjustment in the a arm bushings. A good alignment shop should be able to tell wether or not you can be corrected. A slight twist of the bushings in opposite directions should twist the arm just enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyCoates12