front axle seal leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbb01

Reaction score
Heres situation. Left front axle seal replaced twice. Second with OEM part. Still leaking now and they (shop ) is telling me because of the negative camber of front axle and vehicle being lowered that it is causing seal to go bad. Not sure of what to do know. They did show me where front axle turns down from being lowered. Is this possible due to not being lowered correctly? Not sure what to do now. Help please!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's just a 2" spindle drop you have there's no reason it would cause them to go bad. I had my 04 AWD Esky lowered way more than 2" with no issues. There's a ton of other people on here with the same without issue.

I don't know what would cause it, hopefully someone else can chime in, but I'm pretty sure your 2" spindle wouldn't cause it.

OP
OP
J

jbb01

Reaction score
Forgot to mention that they want to replace front diff entirely. Sounds like some bs to me

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a new boot kit for it. Maybe the boot just doesn't give enough.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
What brand seals did they use? Some are better than others.

Also, is there scoring on the axles where the seal contacts?

OP
OP
J

jbb01

Reaction score
Said they used GM seals. Not sure about the scoring as I was not in the shop when it was done. I'm thinking there has to be something wrong with the install or seal not seated correctly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313