front drive axle leak... warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmyjimmy5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 yukon denali.... While changing the oil I noticed a leak on the front right axle...... looks like there is a leak where the output shaft on the front differentia bolts up to the axle assembly......
My question..... Would this be covered under the 5 year powertrain warranty.....? If not... How much we looking at to fix the leak?
Thanks
tjl

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timmyjimmy5150,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. The best way to determine if it is under warranty is to visit your local dealership. They will be able to determine exactly where the leak is coming from. Once they determine that, they can see if it would be covered under your warranty.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, GM Customer Service

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should be covered since it is part of the power train. I wouldn't take a no from the dealer without raising heck with GMC.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
ive got mine done under warranty and the front pinion seal too

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I'm willing to bet it is the output shaft seal. If GM doesn't cover it under warranty you are looking at ~3.3-3.4 hours shop time. The seal is ~$10-15 at the dealer. Here is a picture. Top left corner is the passenger side, bottom right is driver side. It is item #4. This is a common problem on GM trucks since at least the GMT-800 platform was introduced in MY2000.
T210040.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat