Front end grille swap walk through??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

21DenaliXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got a 2021 Yukon XL Denali, white and chrome. I ordered a 7pcs Gloss black front end grille and other front end moldings. I have been down the plasti dip route in previous vehicles and even wrapped my BMW 750 moldings in the past but figured I want to just replace the grille instead of going those routes. Are there any step by step videos that walk you through the process of replacing these front end parts? Thanks in advance!

Nevermind

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the chrome pieces on the front end of my 2021 SLT a few weeks ago. In order to replace the 5 pcs I removed the entire front bumper assembly as I don't think the grille and lower valance can be removed unless the bumper is removed. I was unable to find one video that had a step by step process for removing the entire bumper assembly. These 4 videos cover all the steps and show the bolts/Torx that need to be removed along with the light harness that will need to be disconnected.
Note that 2 of these videos are for a Yukon and 2 videos show a Tahoe but is basically the same procedure as on the Yukon. The first video covers most of what's involved but the other videos show the location of some "hidden" bolts that are not addressed in the first video and cover the headlight connector.
Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbruton89

Latest posts