Front end Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yall. I have a 02 suburban with 200k miles.

It has all the original steering and suspension components. Which are all worn which makes steering the thing a chore.

Money is tight right now so I need some budget but decent parts that will hopefully last me for the next year to year and a half.

What would you guys recommend? It's bone stock ride height, no modifications there.

Any of y'all have any experience with SKP or any other suspension brands from RockAuto that I can get a solid year out of?

Thanks!

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Hey yall. I have a 02 suburban with 200k miles.

It has all the original steering and suspension components. Which are all worn which makes steering the thing a chore.

Money is tight right now so I need some budget but decent parts that will hopefully last me for the next year to year and a half.

What would you guys recommend? It's bone stock ride height, no modifications there.

Any of y'all have any experience with SKP or any other suspension brands from RockAuto that I can get a solid year out of?

Thanks!
Kryptonite ball joints and hub assembly’s will outlive the thing for sure 60$ a piece for the ball joints I believe 250-300$ a piece for the wheel bearings
Tie rods maybe go for ac delco because moog and mevotech stuff are junk now a days
Kryptonite tie rods are super stout but expensive maybe they make an oem style one also I know they do for the 07-13 body style.
My inner tie rods I got the hummer style hexagon shaped ones off custom offsets for 60$ I believe

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
They do have oem style outer tie rods for 60$ a piece I just seen
We did the whole front end package on my buddy’s truck last year and it was insane the difference it made on his steering went from two hands all over the place to driving with his pinky super tight no play at all

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RockAuto.com and GMPartsDirect.com are your 2 best bets for quality parts at lower prices. If you are looking only to 1 solid year out of them, IMO, any cheap aftermarket parts will likely do it for you.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I've decided to go with a 1aauto kit. I've used them before and actually got over a year on a previous truck I owned which was a 6 inch lifted 94 K1500. Only thing that went bad too were the ball joints and the angles on that thing were terrible.

I think 1aauto is on the upper end of crappy parts lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBrown