Front end Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pressureangle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey yall. I have a 02 suburban with 200k miles.

It has all the original steering and suspension components. Which are all worn which makes steering the thing a chore.

Money is tight right now so I need some budget but decent parts that will hopefully last me for the next year to year and a half.

What would you guys recommend? It's bone stock ride height, no modifications there.

Any of y'all have any experience with SKP or any other suspension brands from RockAuto that I can get a solid year out of?

Thanks!
I've always been surprised at the quality of parts from Detroit Axle. Their warranties are usually way better than others'.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys! How do I make sure it’s not backward/upside down? Anyone got a picture of proper orientation for it?

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been surprised at the quality of parts from Detroit Axle. Their warranties are usually way better than others'.

I’ve seen extremely mixed reviews for Detroit Axle. I did look at one of their front end kits on Amazon. However, I got scared away. There was multiple people who had ball joints separate on them. That’s serious life or death stuff.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Topside of the drawing shows installed wrong. Even with pictures it can be a head scratcher. The holes where the pitman arm and the other end (endlink?) are cone shaped so you can only install it in that respect one way.

20240811_150552 (1).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbok68

Latest posts