Getting Ready For Spring/Summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash, wax and buff the whole truck. Wire wheel and repaint the frame and suspension. Also this year, finishing the interior restoration with a new carpet from front to back.
This is the first year my truck has ever seen a winter (spent the rest of its life in florida) and the previous owner must have had the tailgate repainted at somepoint because the whole tailgate has rust coming through the paint, so going to have to figure what to do with that as well....so much for my rust free truck.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no cabin filter,your trucks gonna run like new after all that !
well that answers something i was wondering about - thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

i'm definitely gonna wash and inspect as much as i can of my truck, and try to do whatever preventitive maintence i can. luckily even though we've gotten snow this winter, usually in one week of getting it, it starts melting or we've gotten rain, so i haven't been so worried about the salt/calcium they've put on the roads. but i'mma still wash and wax this thing awesomely because it'll be it's first spring/summer with me.

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered Power Slot Rotors, Hawk LTS Pads, and Russell Performance SS Brake Lines all for $320. Gonna have some awesome stopping power.

Having my mechanic order everything else. I'm getting good plug wires, cap, rotor, coil, and NGK G-Power plugs. Having all my fluids flushed and replaced with good synthetic. Quality fuel filter and trans filter, pcv valve, new gatorbacks, and removing running boards & roof rack. Also redoing my exhaust. Ordering a Borla ProXS muffler and dumping my duals underneath. Should sound sweet. Then when I get back im taking it to my local chevy dealer and getting the fuel system and injectors cleaned. :D

Just thought id share since im pretty excited, it'll be like a whole new machine when I come home. Anyways, I leave at 3am for Aruba, see you guys in 2 weeks!

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BAM! washed it on Thursday using ArmorAll's Wash & Wax. tho i think i'll go out and get some REAL wax and go over it with that. go figure though, it rained on Friday lol. still, it looks better than it did. And i got to notice all the little places i need to touch up just to keep rust from developing.

Attachments

• Photo509.jpg
    Photo509.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou