Glove box light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I see yours doesn't have a hole in the same place as mine although it would be easy to cut one. I'm curious where your switch was installed though.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of pulled the glove box down by yanking on it hard. Wasn't cooperating with me at the time , and it fell out. One piece was still plugged into the harness and the other piece with the pin fell on the floor, so it was kind of hard to tell how it was .At the time I wasn't really stressing about it, I figured it was only a mounted light switch so how hard could it be to figure out. Funny , I also have the box I bought with the console along with the box from the 02 Denali that we parted out and they're all the same!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG that's a VW light! You can't put a VW light in a GM!!! Just kidding, pretty cool mod.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OK, I think I know what happened .I'm not sure if my how is an early or late in the year 03, the door tag is missing , but I think after a certain year there was a cutoff for the glove box light. I saw two 05 Escalades today and neither one had the light or the hole for the light switch .IMAG0323.jpgI also looked around for the harness for the light and didn't find it in either one. I just got home and checked the original piece that the glove box mounted to(I drilled out the rivets on the glove box hinge so I could use my original) wouldn't you know , THERE'S A HOLE FOR THE SWITCH!! I was so frustrated and hot(it was 90 + and I was in the sun all day) I totally missed it . So that's my story and I'm sticking to it !
So now I guess I'm gonna have to drill a hole! I just wanna thank you guys who jumped in and tried to help me out, even tho it was my mess up! Thx again guys. :happy160:

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know , I know , my apologies. It was a rough weekend !:oops: and to top it off, the led lights I bought don't work and the tabs that hold them in are broken! :mad:. But I'm not driving 1 hr and 45 mins and $13 in tolls one way for $30!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know , I know , my apologies. It was a rough weekend !:oops: and to top it off, the led lights I bought don't work and the tabs that hold them in are broken! :mad:. But I'm not driving 1 hr and 45 mins and $13 in tolls one way for $30!

Win some lose some as they say! You did good with the rest. Except that damn glove box light!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
OMG that's a VW light! You can't put a VW light in a GM!!! Just kidding, pretty cool mod.

:(
No that's a dodge light in the glove box. Vw light is in the rear cup holders and front cubby. And I added another 2 vw lights for my 2nd row footwell lights. 4 vw lights total....
I'm a trader:smh:
No gm light would have been easy to use for any of these mods, I searched high and low. :shrug:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
And Tony I still have no idea what's going on with your glove box but I'm glad your getting it worked out lol ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustin Road