GM Reman 6L80 Transmission - new TBV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajcannon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon XL and my transmission went out. It is being replaced with a GM remanufactured 6L80 next week. I was doing some reading last night and discovered the issue with the TBV. Some people have suggested “flipping the pill” but it also looks like GM may have fixed the issue on newer models with an updated thermostat for the transmission. Does anyone know if the remanufactured transmissions come with the updated TBV or will I need to request that separately? The shop that is doing the work is not open until Monday so I’ll ask them then but I wanted to know if others knew the answer before I even call them. Thanks!

OP
OP
A

ajcannon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: based on the answer from the shop I do not think that the newer TBV comes with a GM remanufactured transmission. Maybe it does though? But in any case they said that they do the “flip the pill” fix since in SC we don’t run into enough cold weather to make this fix not work.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Son had a rebuild put in his 2017 a couple months ago. Independent shop local that has been in business a long time and know what they're doing. They "flipped the pill" and did a retune on the transmission and eliminated the cylinder confusion deal. Sure drives different, I'd do that to ours if the warranty was done.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Look up TSB 21-NA-199. It says the TBV is to be replaced with the new unit during any trans repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aluminium scrap e