GM Repurchased 2nd 2015 Denali--Be Cautious of 2015s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBmore

Reaction score
Your entire situation blows, sorry for the issues you have had. I have the sound in my 2015 SLT as well. The sound is not unbearable, only certain times at certain speeds will trigger it. Maybe my ears are not as sensitive to the pressure. My wife on the other hand, who I purchased the truck for, complained about the issue the first time she rode in it. If the rear windows are cracked at all it feels like my ear drums are going to explode. I have not had them try anything yet. The last thing I want them to do is rip the headliner apart if it is not guaranteed to fix the issue. I am about to take it to the dealership, is it a frame issue or is it a suspension issue. Or is there no solution?

malba2366

Reaction score
I really like these new GM SUVs, but it is problems like this that make me think twice and take a step back. The underlying problem is that GM has one of the most toxic corporate cultures and there is such a level of bureaucracy that things don't get done with appropriate speed (google GM nod and GM salute to get an idea of what I am talking about).
This is fine when they are selling low cost vehicles, but when they want to compete at these price points they need to do better than this. Wake up GM...people who are spending 50-80k on a vehicle deserve better than this and they will get it elsewhere if you can't do it!

jasonsbiz74

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! This is a crazy story. I am shocked that GM couldn't figure this out. What sucks is when consumers spend tons of money on products and then some half wit salesman or money hungry owner belittles the issue or flaw. It really gets my blood boiling. Like we have nothing better to do than run back and forth from the dealership. Ugh...I have not noticed this in my '15 Tahoe but I am going to check it out right now.

Thanks for sharing this story Jason

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been driving my Yukon for about 7,000 happy miles at speeds between 0- 110MPH, windows up, sunroof open, sunroof tilted, windows down, fronts open, rear closed, driver window open, passenger window open only, one of the rear open and others closed.. no issue. Best SUV I've ever owned. Hope it stays that way.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with snow going finally we switch back to 2wd and truck change complete.
Is like nothing never happen , 23k plus miles ,now 22 wheels come back and 20s going to be storage . and set to start to travel.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL it's been a lot of years since I've been up to 110. I miss those days!! :)

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He means 110 because the speed limit. Lol otherwise he will make 140mph

October

Reaction score
My 1/2015 build Yukon Denali is approaching 2,000 miles and thus far has been extremely quiet without any issues. I avg around 19-20 mpg (65/35 hwy/city) on flat Florida roads. Specs: 2wd, no sunroof, standard 20" wheels, roof crossbars installed. I was very paranoid before taking delivery regarding the noise issue and did an extensive test drive before paying up.

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He means 110 because the speed limit. Lol otherwise he will make 140mph

actually I've been a bit further than 110, but never to 140:). Once U remove the limiter it is amazing. Love my Yukon.. but will admit had the Escalade and not the Escsalade ESV been available the day I bought.. I'd have another Cadillac in my garage

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

My 1/2015 build Yukon Denali is approaching 2,000 miles and thus far has been extremely quiet without any issues. I avg around 19-20 mpg (65/35 hwy/city) on flat Florida roads. Specs: 2wd, no sunroof, standard 20" wheels, roof crossbars installed. I was very paranoid before taking delivery regarding the noise issue and did an extensive test drive before paying up.

Yup.. I've only even purchased one car sight unseen ('14 Stingray) without driving it ... and I mean at least 30 minutes, but to hear some of the stories here I would swear people are buying all of these vehicles without ever seeing or testing them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbornlog