GM Trans Cooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soo, I just found out I have a GM Trans Cooler on my truck after all this time, I currently have 155K on my truck...I wanted to know is there anything I need to do to service this Cooler, other then the normal trans fluid change?

thanks for any info!

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it's the one sitting in front of radiator/ac condenser . just spray some water through it when you wash the truck. That will keep the fins clean.

OP
OP
rodwar254

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep that's the one, saw it on accident when looking around the engine bay...thanks a lot for the info

JeRM number 9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FYI I have the same cooler and I had a cooler line that was leaking. That was a big job to replace I had to loosen up the whole front bumper. The guys at the dealership told me it was a 4 hour job, and I didn't believe them.

zzpw3x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Isn't the trans cooler integrated into the radiator for the factory cooling? I have a 2010 with the towing package (bigger cooler). I've never looked for the actual cooler, but the trans lines clearly go into the radiator.

Maybe different years have different implementations.

Maybe you are looking at the AC condenser?

JeRM number 9

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Isn't the trans cooler integrated into the radiator for the factory cooling? I have a 2010 with the towing package (bigger cooler). I've never looked for the actual cooler, but the trans lines clearly go into the radiator.

Maybe different years have different implementations.

Maybe you are looking at the AC condenser?

If you truck has the aux trans cooler it will be right behind the grill. There are 2 cooler lines coming from the trans one runs directly to the radiator the other runs under the radiator and up to the cooler, then exits the cooler and goes to the other fitting on the radiator.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also goes through the radiator to help keep the temp stable as the coolant in the radiator will help warm up the trans fluid during cold weather

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diablo1970