GM Vehicles with the 1.6L turbo diesel. Equinox, Terrain, Cruze. Info, thoughts, experiences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for any information/experiences with the newer GM 1.6L diesel. It was offered in the cruze, equinox, and terrain if I'm correct. I'm kicking around the idea of a 2018-19 Equinox as a DD for work. MPGs seem excellent, but I don't have much more than that. I would also like to put whatever I buy on a diet so I can run whatever fuel I prefer.....wink wink.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Saw your post of the 6.6 build and followed you over here *spooky music playing*

I was thinking about this and I have zero experience with this engine but did a quick Autotrader search to find these cars go for mid-teens to low $20k. I did the same search for hybrid Toyota Avalon, Corolla Cross, RAV4, and Prius V (capped mileage at 75k) and there are a lot more available. Why would you choose a a GM mini-diesel where fuel averages about $1/gal more vs a Toyota hybrid for a DD? Just curious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate