Gonna buy a new used tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

h3o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look at the floor.

lol ya its push button 4x4, im not going to really wheel this thing at all. Its my daily/ pretty vehicle. I wanted it just incase i have to go over the pass and its snowing. And i will get flamed on this im more then sure, but eventually i am going for the lift with wide tires. I am from hawaii and grew up around it so i love that look. The cencal look to me is nice. I know not alot of people like it but its more of a mall crawler then anything for me and i midus well make it look the way i want.

OP
OP
H

h3o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
geez you guys really didnt like my cencal idea huh lol..... well anyways i had a few questions and didnt want to make a new thread so.....

how can you tell the difference in transfer cases i have the auto trac but i think i have the updated one with the clutch, i can spin the driveshaft when in park with a tiny bit of resistance. The reason i ask is cause i have a clunk in the rear when starting from a stop. The ujoints are good and just wanted to know if i needed that blue fluid. Also what grease do i use for the slip yoke?

o and on a side note i just ordered a flowemaster 50 series dual in dual out 2 1/2" will be getting more piping, where can i order some nice big slant cut tips? planning on going dual exit angled behind the rear tires.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the autotrac tcase will say 4wd auto on the push button control. and there is not two versions of autotrac just one. you either have it or not. check your fluid in tcase fill plug it should be to bottom of that plug with blue autotrac 2 fluid if you have auto 4wd. if not auto 4wd it should have dexron 3 in it.

tips from:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=exhaust+tips

jegs.com
summitracing.com
local exhaust shops.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the 241 tcase floor shifters will still orderable thru the late '90's

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

ok i think i get it, then can you confirm something for me since searching is just getting me more confused, i want to do a 6" lift and have the auto trac

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/...road/198649-autotrac-not-how-do-you-know.html

this thread post #6 says i dont need it if i dont spend a lot of time in 4wd which i dont, is that true?

i believe that info to be false guidance based on the tech data i have access to. and frankly it makes no sense the autotrac system in either yer for obs is the same. they were talking about a 2004 model i believe but when i looked up that year data it still had a NVG246 autotrac tcase. still his statement sounds contradictory.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of autotrack, if I drive mine in automatic mode, and it needs to kick into 4WD, will it automatically kick back into 2WD when it feels me no longer struggling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts