Good dongle type scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I plugged into my Tahoe (2012) the thing tells me I need the MX for this vehicle. I bought the LX (cheaper) and for older vehicles on their recommendation ! Also, when doing wife's '14 Escape.....I had to buy a $14.99 download to get the good stuff. I am not going to recommend this scanner to anyone !
I had the LX at first, about 5-6 years ago. Noticed that many of the vehicle specific "add-ons" were only available with the MX+. The LX did a lot, but not all. I did upgrade to the MX+ about 2 years later

Fefanatic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I plugged into my Tahoe (2012) the thing tells me I need the MX for this vehicle. I bought the LX (cheaper) and for older vehicles on their recommendation ! Also, when doing wife's '14 Escape.....I had to buy a $14.99 download to get the good stuff. I am not going to recommend this scanner to anyone !
So, are you saying the downloaded software didn't work?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also have the MX+ and use it on a few different vehicles. You can use an app other than what's offered with the MX; I use Torque Pro ($5, Ian Hawkins) on my Android most of the time, but different apps can be used with the MX+.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I can't comment on the LX since I don't have one. Items like these I buy them on Amazon that way I can return them if they are not of my liking.

Can you return it and get ur $ back?

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I can return it. Hassle probably. It works now for the '14 Escape guess it's ok for the '02 F-150. It is just telling me I need the MX (upgraded version...not a download) to be able to do a top notch scan on the .12 Tahoe. BUT when I bought it I was told it would work on that vintage of vehicle and the MX would be a waste of money ! Hence no MX...ha ha ha ha
If one is interested in this device....I would sure get the MX version no matter what they drive.

KidWgn

Certified Kid Hauler
Reaction score
I don't know if I can return it. Hassle probably. It works now for the '14 Escape guess it's ok for the '02 F-150. It is just telling me I need the MX (upgraded version...not a download) to be able to do a top notch scan on the .12 Tahoe. BUT when I bought it I was told it would work on that vintage of vehicle and the MX would be a waste of money ! Hence no MX...ha ha ha ha
If one is interested in this device....I would sure get the MX version no matter what they drive.
Sounds like it would be worth the hassle to email them and try to do an exchange...

I use BlueDriver (purchased on amazon) on several vehicles, and I've never had an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattR