Got $1000 to spend...what should I get...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys...I've got $1000 left after my initial set of upgrades to my Tahoe. I am not sure what to do if anything...

This is what's done so far...
22" Boss 330's
3/5 drop w/ f&r sway bars & kyb steering stabilizer
Pioneer 4200dvd with nav & ipod
Cluster
BlackBear tune w/ e-fans
Vette Servo
Corsa Sport cat-back

I don't want to do more to the engine...I'm thinking of an lq4 or lq9 swap so everything power related will go in then...

What I'm thinking for options...
a) save the 1k towards SSBC F&R brakes...
b) led tails, projectors, & hids
c) torque converter
d) new gears? Currently have stock 3.73
e) smooth rear vents
f) add edelbrock trailing arms, panhard bar, & DJM UCA's to really finish the suspension off

Opinions?

IMAG0092.jpg

Cameron

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brake upgrades are always a good investment and i havent had any complaints about my ssbc slotted rotors but the $2500 minimum for new calipers all around just isnt in the budget. I did see ssbc had sum 14" rotor package with caliper relocation brackets for about $800+ but i havent heard any feedback about them, mostly the bracket as the rotors shouldnt have any problems.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
question, how do you like the servo did you get it before or after the tune? my tune is in the mail and should be here any day and im in the same boat as you minus the servo, wondering if it is worth it, plus i still need to lower which is definately coming next, nice ride by the way like that colour

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
(E) and kind of (F) but you can build a panhard and control arms for cheap, scoop some johnny joints and dom tubing if you're comfortable fabricating otherwise a shop should be able to do it for fairly cheap...I really need an adjustable panhard now that my belltech tb coils have settled.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't get a "brake upgrade," only swap your rotors/pads if they are worn with regular replacement.
22s are not heavy enought to get a brake upgrade, my 24s weighed about 5lbs more than my stock 20s, so with 22s that just a complete waste of money.
For these SUVs, a brake upgrade is not justifiable unless you have a large bank account, or wheels 26 and up. Now if the stock parts are worn, than upgrading will help.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(E) and kind of (F) but you can build a panhard and control arms for cheap, scoop some johnny joints and dom tubing if you're comfortable fabricating otherwise a shop should be able to do it for fairly cheap...I really need an adjustable panhard now that my belltech tb coils have settled.
I'm thinking of that route too...I've got some heimed tie rods on the way now...thinking of having the same guys modify/build an adjustable panhard & look at trailing arms. I know my axle is shifted a bit...kinda bugs me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts