got 1k to spend want more performance suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys well i got about 1 k to spoend rigth now on some performance mods what will be the best bang for the buck my truck is a 03 gmc yukon slt 5.3 flex fuel 4x4 its mostly my wifes dd but i use it on the weekends and would like some more power out of it i already have an air intake and a spintech muffler. some of the stuff i was thinking of were some headers maybe a camshaft but i dont really know what will give me more power is anyone has any suggestions or other options that i can do for around 1k i would really appreaciate the help

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bb tune should be at the top of the list

OP
OP
E

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
it already is i just wanna do some other mods before i get it tuned so i can get the most out of it

i was just reading about upgrading the converter and servos and stuff anyone know what are some good ones and where i can find them ive been looking on summit and stuff but have had no luck finding any

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are capable of the install and all you have to pay for is the parts, do cam, valve springs, and matching converter. then if you can manage a couple hundred bucks more, you could add some longtubes in there. id spend all the money i could piling up parts. wait a few weeks til you have money for a tune, then swap all the parts on one weekend and get it tuned immediately after EVERYTHING is installed

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

i was just reading about upgrading the converter and servos and stuff anyone know what are some good ones and where i can find them ive been looking on summit and stuff but have had no luck finding any

i want to say the budget converter ive seen mentioned was a circle d 3200 and it was like $385 if i remember correctly. you could also get the corvette servos for like $20. best priced headers ive seen are the calspeed headers. as for cam and springs, thats up to you, theres TONS of options.

05Yukon23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are capable of the install and all you have to pay for is the parts, do cam, valve springs, and matching converter. then if you can manage a couple hundred bucks more, you could add some longtubes in there. id spend all the money i could piling up parts. wait a few weeks til you have money for a tune, then swap all the parts on one weekend and get it tuned immediately after EVERYTHING is installed

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

i want to say the budget converter ive seen mentioned was a circle d 3200 and it was like $385 if i remember correctly. you could also get the corvette servos for like $20. best priced headers ive seen are the calspeed headers. as for cam and springs, thats up to you, theres TONS of options.

I can imagine this would be NIGHT and DAY difference to do all at once! That's what my plan has become since funds are low and I'm just trying to accumulate parts.

ATL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly, accumulating the parts is the funnest part of the build. if you take your time and keep your eyes open, youll catch yourself making upgrades on you upgrades before you ever even get them in the truck

OP
OP
E

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i can do all the work myself i just need help finding the parts think ill start with the converter and servos since i still need to change the trans fluid

what would be a good stall for a dd i dnt wanna have something thats a pain to drive daily but i still wanna get some power out of it also what servos do i need and what will be the best place to get parts from

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

i was also looking at this will this make any difference

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSGO-4L6...:2003|Model:Yukon&hash=item589349197a&vxp=mtr

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
yeah i can do all the work myself i just need help finding the parts think ill start with the converter and servos since i still need to change the trans fluid

what would be a good stall for a dd i dnt wanna have something thats a pain to drive daily but i still wanna get some power out of it also what servos do i need and what will be the best place to get parts from

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

i was also looking at this will this make any difference

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSGO-4L6...:2003|Model:Yukon&hash=item589349197a&vxp=mtr

Everyone gets there servos from that place, Oregon Transmissions. Not sure how there shift kits are though.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
(some stated above) torque converter, z06 cam, Electric fan, vette servos, headers, then bb tune should clean it up nicely

so i have been told :D (still working on mine)

OP
OP
E

edgarking69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok well i just dont know wich ones to get cuz ive heard there are 2 of them but im not sure and if anyone could give me some good info on the shit kits id really appreaciate it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSGO-4L6..._Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1d88fcd2c

been looking at this one but i dont wanna just buy something and waste the money if its not needed and if it is useful what other supporting mods should i do to make a bigger difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby