Got a '96 Tahoe and am Looking for Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Back in December I bought a '96 Tahoe LT 4Dr. And its all stock now except for the replacement mirrors, blower motor, console and the bumper. The console was replaced by the previous owner with one that has a TV with VHS player and the housing on the console is starting to break. The bumper was replaced by the dealer before I picked it up because the original bumper was starting to rust through so they swapped it with the bumper off a GMC 1500 that was between '00 and '03 (Best guess).
So I need some ideas on what to do with this. It's my first car and I'm looking to have some fun with this truck but keeping it respectable and relatively cheap for now. I have been planning on putting on a brush guard and some KC lights but other than that I really have no idea what else to do.

Will post a couple pictures of it tomorrow when the sun comes up.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
why wait to post i am already up?

what to do depends on what you like. my first step would be to make sure the entire suv is as clean as possible. shine tall that is shinable and replace any clouded out light lenses. with led's if it interests you. what kind of fun did you have in mine?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good start, what do you want your overall Look to be? Appearance , Functional? , Power? towing?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL he's from Massachusetts, if he attempts to shine it, the rest of the paint will fall off and the rust and rot will bust thru.

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking to make it look good and be functional at the same time. Doing something similar to your Yukon donyukon. I'm probably not going to do much towing other than the occasional trailer so for now I won't be doing a lift. But I'm looking at doing something for mudding and all around off roading fun.

Here are two pictures of it
image_zps203c415f.jpg
image_zps70018c70.jpg

cowboyzr2

Reaction score
If you're looking to replace your center console, you could always try to find a 99-2000 Escalade/Denali Console... But not easy to find, much less for anything under $300 or so from what I've found looking for one. :(
hqdefault.jpg

I put a console out of a Lincoln Navigator in mine.
C360_2013-02-17-13-51-58_zps4f9b08bd.jpg

Or just go back with a stocker. I just threw one away actually...

OP
OP
G

gangrel1230

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I will look into those. Is kinda nice to be able to start from nothing but it also sucks at the same time because I have so many options. At some point though I will be putting bed spray on the rocker panels to keep that area of the doors from rusting anymore.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
pictures no worky.

Dump that console. They are crap and just make the truck look older than your friends think it is.

Replace it with a flip down DVD unit. :lol:

There is lots of small things you can do. Is it 2wd or 4wd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pnut