Got all the parts, ready to go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

assclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally received my lift kit on Monday and I dropped the Yukon off at the shop that night. Just got it back a few hours ago and I am loving the look.

RCX 3in. Suspension lift
Mickey Thompson Classic Black III 15x8 -22mm
33x12.5R15 BFG KM2
8aI8bzo.jpg

Njzwx0W.jpg

WbPoEW0.jpg

Q9EYO8Q.jpg

SzS2GPW.jpg

One complaint: the steering stabilizer bracket is bending on its own. Have you guys heard of that? I'll take a picture of it when I can.

The guys at the shop mentioned something about needing longer sway bar links or something like that. They thought it should have been something that came with the kit. Any ideas?

This is my first time having a vehicle lifted and my first set of brand new mud tires. Any advice for care and maintenance? The ride is very rough, like major vibrations and such, is that because the tires are new and they need to be broken in? Also, I'm having the shop retighten the lift kit on friday when they install my side steps.

Thanks in advance!

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Holy huge pictures batman!

The ride is going to rough with that lift kit. Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or in the seat?

Could be poorly balanced tires and/or maybe the driveshaft angle is off.

OP
OP
A

assclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Holy huge pictures batman!

The ride is going to rough with that lift kit. Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or in the seat?

Could be poorly balanced tires and/or maybe the driveshaft angle is off.

Those are standard picture sizes of the Galaxy S3 lol.

Vibration is all over, I can see the hood vibrate, I can feel it in the seat etc. This is at all speeds.

If the D/S angle is off, what needs to happen? Different U-joints? I haven't taken it past 45MPH yet.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I don't see any wheel weights on outside of those wheels. Check to see if they have sticky weights on the inside.

If not, take them to a shop to get balanced.

Mud tires have horrible balance. If you can, find a shop that works on a lot of big truck tires and tractor tires.

Try not to go to a place like tires plus or tire kingdom. Those monkeys will say "close enough" after spending 15 minutes and a sticking a half pound of lead on each tire.

Usually if the drive shaft angle is off you will get vibrations only at certain speeds. The leaf blocks may have misaligned the angle between the axle pinion and the transfer case. I would check the tires for wheel weights first though.

Last edited:

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
Well first off its a glorified crank lift. Your diff barely moved so that going to give you the whole super rough ride. The issue with major vibration is most likely the mud terrains being wicked out of balence or poor aliegnment. Before i got mine i got like a super wicked vibration above 55

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. By the way on the sway bar links you need to add them on when you order the kit that's what I did when I ordered my rcx 6". I'm not sure if you need them for a 3" though you might have to look around for other people that run that same kit.

OP
OP
A

assclown

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a chance to drive a little more and I agree with you guys, I think they forgot to balance the tires. I was wearing a suit most of the day so I wasn't going to lay down on the ground and check for wheel weights. I'm bringing it in tomorrow morning anyway for them to install the side steps and retighten the lift kit, I'll have them rectify this issue.

Nice looking truck. By the way on the sway bar links you need to add them on when you order the kit that's what I did when I ordered my rcx 6". I'm not sure if you need them for a 3" though you might have to look around for other people that run that same kit.

Thanks. The only option I had when I ordered my kit was shock boots (I got red), steering stabilizer (I got that too) and the torsion key tool (since I had a shop install I opted out of that one). No options for sway bar links. All I know is that the guys at the shop said my stock ones were pretty much gone and they weren't long enough for this kit anyway. I'm not much of a suspension guru on domestic vehicles, I know more about import cars lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968