Got my Spectre CAI installed today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a tight fit. Push all the tubing together as tight as you can and it will fit better. Loosen everything up and move around slightly till everything fits.

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a cool little mod i did, since i only got an afe stage 1 intake which is just a new bigger filter and a heat shield it still uses the stock tube, well i got rid of the vortec box which im guessing is the silencer cause wow as soon as i got rid of it the sound changed so much, i put a 2 and a half inch rubber plumbing cap i got from lowes for 3 bucks on the open tube, hey it probably didnt really give me any noticable gains in power but it sounds cool!

OP
OP
moviewithnotitle

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Navahoe, that's been a pretty common suggestion from those that have done it. I might try it myself, but it's low on the list.

Update on my Spectre...
So far everything is great. No issues or code to report and I have done a ton of miles since the install. One major note. Towing my boat (4400lbs) is much better. With the BBTune Intake and Exhaust, all that sluggishness from last summer is gone. I am averaging about 12.5mpg at 65mph. Without the mods I was doing about 10mpg.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayODaBoss

Latest posts