Got to tinker and mod a bit today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like JJ and hope he wins again but I am a huge Jr and Tony fan! Tony will win that championship this year or next. Either way as long as Kyle ***** doesnt win, I am happy!

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
thanks for the response formula, did you notice any noticeable throttle response with the CAI improve MPG, Louder ? etc..

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cai had a nice louder throatier sound but I had the truck tuned immediately and thats when I really noticed the throttle response and sotp difference. Didnt hurt to clean the tb, the maf, swap plugs/wires and seafoam as well.

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who still listens to regular radio? ;)

haha not me... I've had my ipod hooked up to it ever since I had my deck put in which was about a week after I had my tahoe... Now that I think about it, I might just take my antennae out completely, cap the opening, and roll on since I really never listen too it.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like JJ and hope he wins again but I am a huge Jr and Tony fan! Tony will win that championship this year or next. Either way as long as Kyle ***** doesnt win, I am happy!
Proud to say that I don;t know who any of them are... but I am guessing they are from an american roundy round series.

I tried the antenna lay down this afternoon and lost almost all reception on a previously usable classic rock station from a town 30 something miles away.

Since it is one of 2 decent stations, I had to put it back to normal.

OP
OP
yooformula

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the antenna lay down this afternoon and lost almost all reception on a previously usable classic rock station from a town 30 something miles away.

Since it is one of 2 decent stations, I had to put it back to normal.

did you run a ground wire from the mounting base to the antenna base?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep...
without it there was ABSOLUTELY nada.

problems with doing this are
1: the antenna is a 1/4 wavelength antenna, and references ground plane for gain.
NOT electrical ground but a ground plane.

that means removing it from the ground plane reduces reception. Also the antenna transmitting is vertical and transmits a vertically polarized signal... so a horizontal antenna gets far poorer reception.

2: metal blocks radio transmissions.

Close hood and mostly static. As soon as i lifted the antenna back out of the fender recess, reception came back. Just an inch or two, I got reception, though much poorer than a properly installed antenna.

Again, my local station on top of the mountain in direct view from my house (5-10 miles), they were fine, but an otherwise decent station from farther away disappeared completely with this mod. Not good since sometimes in the southwest I might be 50-80 miles or more from the nearest radio station or in the shadow of a mountain in t u

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shopgirl