Grease slip yolk cluk how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the nickel plated yolk an OE part? If so PM the gm parts member in this forum with your vin # and they should be able to get it for you.

Last edited:
OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the reason you may be having so much trouble finding the part number is due to the fact that your truck is not part of the bulletin. At least not yet anyway. I am looking at the bulletin and the newest part numbers are 12479384 for the yoke and 12479126 for the u-joint you will need to go with it.

These may still fit your setup though.

These part numbers are for NBS trucks

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

From what I found in the NBS trucks the tsb says not to grease the 4wd trucks. Which I am guessing May be the same for the nnbs awd trucks.

Mechahead

Reaction score
I called the dealership I usually work with today to see if there was a OE nickle plated yoke for the 08. He says there is no listing, but I also didn't have a VIN to work with. Of course he was being an ass today and I was reciprocating the attitude.

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. Sucks to work on dead Presidents' Day. Can I pm you my vin?

Mechahead

Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely, I want to see if there is a way to fix it to. I will call another dealer I frequent as I don't think my business will be welcome there for awhile.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy told me that the nalley gmc ^^^ dealer would Know.

ledlow

Reaction score
I am curious about this...

Can someone describe this "clunking"?

I have a clunking sound that seems to be associated with the vehicle downshifting upon stopping.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine use to do it going over speed bumps. As soon as your back tires would come off the "bump" you would hear a clunk. What I did was take the drive shift out and just greased the yolk that way. That was over a year ago with no noises/problems since.