Gunna seafoam the hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i have read enough people saying it works good on the hoes... so i decided i am going to try it and hope it works and doesnt eff anything up... what is honestly the best way to do it i have read so many topics im all jacked up on which way is the best .. and what to do before and after i do it ? should i wait till its closer to a oil change ? i usually just go to ez lube to get a oil change and i need one in like the next month or i even though about stepping up my game and trying it myself with a full synthetic oil ....idk tho what is ur oppinion i have right at 63200 miles on my 03 help help help

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best way is:
-park outside
-get a very small funnel
-find your brake booster (big round black part attached to the firewall driverside)
-pull the rubber hose off the brake booster (should be a compression clip, use big plyers)
-insert your funnel into the hose
-start the truck
-take note of the suction coming from your funnel
-open can of seafoam
-put your thumb on the can and slowly pour it down the funnel
-take note of the changing idle
-keep pouring, slowly increasing the amount and use half the can
-truck might stall
-(running or not) install the brake booster line back on the booster
-truck might stall
-if not stalled, turn it off
-wait 20-30mins
-start truck
-drive like you stole it

Whoala.

B

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best way is:
-park outside
-get a very small funnel
-find your brake booster (big round black part attached to the firewall driverside)
-pull the rubber hose off the brake booster (should be a compression clip, use big plyers)
-insert your funnel into the hose
-start the truck
-take note of the suction coming from your funnel
-open can of seafoam
-put your thumb on the can and slowly pour it down the funnel
-take note of the changing idle
-keep pouring, slowly increasing the amount and use half the can
-truck might stall
-(running or not) install the brake booster line back on the booster
-truck might stall
-if not stalled, turn it off
-wait 20-30mins
-start truck
-drive like you stole it

Whoala.

B

What do you do with the other half of the can? Gas tank or repeat the process on the next oil change?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you do with the other half of the can? Gas tank or repeat the process on the next oil change?

Do what you want, I put mine in the oil.

I did the above twice now this weekend, thick smoke each time...loved that it was doing something :)

I'm sold on the stuff, check my threads

B

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do what you want, I put mine in the oil.

I did the above twice now this weekend, thick smoke each time...loved that it was doing something :)

I'm sold on the stuff, check my threads

B

How many miles do you have on? I can't imagine it'd matter if it was a flex fuel engine. Would it?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine yesterday, I used a smaller hose and installed it into the brake booster hose and used it to suck the fluid out of the can while my wife sat in the truck and kept the truck from dying (I had half a cans worth of seafoam in the can so I didn't suck out too much!!). That was the only thing different than what Boss did!! I basically did that with half a can, poured another half a can in the oil and poured 1/2 a can in the gas, my truck always drives better after I do all of that!! For those keeping track, I bought 2 cans!!:rofl:
Talk about a white smoke screen, I went over to my neighbors house and advised them to close their front door and windows and I'm glad I did, I couldn't see thier house for the first minute of revving the motor!! ha ha ha!

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on? I can't imagine it'd matter if it was a flex fuel engine. Would it?

I think I have 120k now.

Not sure I follow, I have a ff truck yes but don't understand ...fuel is fuel.

B

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Thanks BOSS, your write up made it alot less confusing. I will try this once I get back to my truck. Its been a couple weeks. I still have a couple weeks to go till I get it back. Its in NH, I am in TX.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boss so you pour the other half inside the gas tank or in the motor where the oil goes into ?
gas or oil...
i put it in both last time i foamed my hoe. that way through the gas it cleans the injectors..

if you really wanna clean your tank,injectors etc napa recommended me to use a full can with a tank of gas along with using half in the oil and half through the brake booster...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts