Gunna seafoam the hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noto81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have 120k now.

Not sure I follow, I have a ff truck yes but don't understand ...fuel is fuel.

B

I haven't done much research on SF. I didn't think it'd matter on a FF, just thought I'd ask before I did it, messed up the truck and have somebody say "don't do SF with FF". Just covering my arse, hopefully.

BigKID

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been using seafoam for years in my truck. When I bought my Tahoe with 104K on the clock, it had bad cold start piston slap and knocked under load. Switched to M1 synthetic and started running a can of seafoam thru the intake before each oil change and after about two oil changes, both issues are basicly nonexistant anymore.

I do have some alternatives to Boss's procedrure though.
-Use the PCV line that runs to the rear of the driver side valve cover. This line goes into the top center of the intake, where as the brake booster is plumbed into the rear of the intake, providing for better distribution to each cylinder. The majority of the gunk you are tring to clean from the intake is comming from this PCV line in the first place therefor the heaviest concentration is going to be in the center of the intake where this line enters.
-Use a whole can in the intake and pour it slow enough that you do not have to touch the throttle to keep an idle. You don't want to risk hydrolocking the motor and bending a rod or valve.
-No need to pour any in the crankcase unless you are using bottom shelf oil and don't change it regularly. If you only use half a can in the top end, use the rest in the fuel to clean the injectors and any remainder left on the intake valves.
-I seafoam my vehicles the evening before an oil change and let it soak over night. If you don't have time, I would let it sit minimum 20-30 minutes as Boss suggested.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so today i wanted to seafoam and cant find the valve to put the seafoam into ? is it in these pics ?IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for sure ??? i am really confused dont want to put it in the wrong hole haha

yukon23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep thats the brake booster and if you run your finger a few inches back you will find the pcv line its the hard plastic tube going into the back of your valve cover you could pull it up off the pcv and slide a piece of hose into that one also just as BigKID stated earlier.

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so how do i get that freaking line i have my finger on off to suck up the seafoam ??

OP
OP
WhoDatPanic

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a ratard when it comes to my engine lol plz someone help me im going crazy haha i have had the can of seafoam for like 3 days but to scared to do ne thing because i dont want to eff up my hoe..

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info guys,

I just purchased my 2001 Hoe last week (with 83K miles)
I'm gonna be switching to full syn oil at 85K miles (and every 5K after that)

probably gonna try foamin' the Hoe then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus