Gutted my Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
How difficult was it to remove the headliner? Mine is sagging a little in the front and I am wanting to remove it and tighten it up? I am yet to find a write up for it.
If ur gonna remove it count on just replacing it. It wasn't difficult but woulda been harder without help.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur gonna remove it count on just replacing it. It wasn't difficult but woulda been harder without help.

This is going to be a weekend job for me. I can't decide is I want to replace it with black suede or just stick with the OEM look. Did you replace yours? How much fabric did you get?

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
3.5 yards x 60"
60" was almost not wide enough. Would have liked it 2" wider. 3.5 yards was more than I needed length wise but the first 3ft was free because it had dust on it...

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

This is going to be a weekend job for me. I can't decide is I want to replace it with black suede or just stick with the OEM look. Did you replace yours? How much fabric did you get?
Also, I did mine during the week. My wife drove the truck to work with just a driver seat... Lol
She wasn't too happy about that.

Ben@HtonWV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at your gutting of the interior makes me want to attempt an earlier idea I had. I would like to put a 10 inch sub (or my current boston acoustics 10x13) in the space between the window/side wall and the 3rd row seat...think it could be done? It looks as if there is substantial space there for an upward firing set up. I also wouldn't be opposed to going with a pair of 8's (one on each side) if I could get it around the jack and such (or find a way to store the jack and rods without it).

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at your gutting of the interior makes me want to attempt an earlier idea I had. I would like to put a 10 inch sub (or my current boston acoustics 10x13) in the space between the window/side wall and the 3rd row seat...think it could be done? It looks as if there is substantial space there for an upward firing set up. I also wouldn't be opposed to going with a pair of 8's (one on each side) if I could get it around the jack and such (or find a way to store the jack and rods without it).

If you have rear A/C, it's in the passenger side so you can't put anything there. Plenty of people have put an 8", 10", or even 12" in the drivers side in a custom box. Search the site a little

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you use on your carpet thinking about doing it to mine. also anyone have sound deadener recommendations?

OP
OP
W
Reaction score
I soaked it with greased lightning then hit it with my pressure washer a couple times. Hung the carpet to drain for about an hour then layed the carpet across my concrete driveway in the sun and it dried in about 4 hour.

danniboi

Reaction score
I did the same thing for 2 reasons, 1. tan interior is going to all black 2. I replaced my tan carpet with black vinyl so that I am not worried about the dirt & spills with the kids. If you have carpet and you dont clean it up really good it'll leave a stench or a moldy smell. The headliner isnt all that bad, the rear coat clips were the biggest pain other than that its all pretty much screws and plastic retainers. There is some wiring that will need to be unplugged with the rear AC, visors, rear dome, but all in all not too much work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968