Handling upgrades for the 2000 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000_TahoeLimited

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there

I'm fairly new to the Tahoe world and we have a 2000 Limited (old body style).

First off - what is the source for the lower valance that I see on some Tahoes that has round fog light inputs?

Second, I really want to flatten the handling out - does Eibach or anyone make a beefed sway bar or a heavier duty police version?

Third - see above, substitute the word "shocks"...

and fourth - I want to lower it, not slammed but lowered maybe an inch or two in front and whatever it takes to level the back to the front..

Ton of questions, I know !

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Ed

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome Ed to the site.

You can get the lower valance from Stylintrucks for Street Scene. If your talking about the SS bumper cover.
Eibach makes a thicker sway bar that is supposed to really help the handling. New shocks, ( I like Bilstins) all the way around will help as well.
We have several vendors on the right, Tim or Tony at DJM that can assist you in a complete lowering kit, in any stance you like. Most opt for the 2/3 as a general rule, or 3/4 to 3/5 if you really want to go low.

have any more questions, please feel free!

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You may have better luck in the 92-99 forum as you truck is essentially a 99 body style. Bilstein makes damn good shocks for those trucks and belltech, as well as others, make larger anti-sway bars that should dramatically improve handling. Here is my old limited after I dropped it 2" for my buddy, the current owner:

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

The front has since settled another 1/2" truck drives really nice and handles much better.

OP
OP

2000_TahoeLimited

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you - and sorry for the late reply ! Going to check out both places you recmd. Thanks again..

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

You may have better luck in the 92-99 forum as you truck is essentially a 99 body style. Bilstein makes damn good shocks for those trucks and belltech, as well as others, make larger anti-sway bars that should dramatically improve handling. Here is my old limited after I dropped it 2" for my buddy, the current owner:

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

The front has since settled another 1/2" truck drives really nice and handles much better.

How did you drop it? I like your trucks stance - what size rims are those? Thanks again and sorry for the late reply.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
2" belltech springs up front and 2" belltech shackles in the rear. Bilstein shocks, new steering, bunch of little stuff I did before selling it to my friend. The wheels are stock limited ronals powdercoated gloss black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO