Hard pull to the left when braking - means what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it hard to change the hoses, how do they mount onto the metal brake line? I haven't noticed when I did the calipers.

you know, I've had to look haha. I work on so much junk. but usually very easy. Just a fitting on the metal hardline that screws into the rubber hose fitting and held by a clip.

caliper side is probably a bango fitting, which has 2 copper washers for seals on each side. the hoses should come with the copper washer seals, but double check. they are a one time use type there. even thou I have reused them before without issues, it's best not to.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From memory, been a while. I think you can easily check those slider pins buy loosening the main caliper hold down bolts a couple turns, take a 5/8" (?) wrench on the pin shoulder between the main bracket and caliper and try to turn the pins. If they won't turn they are rusted and stuck. And I remember third gen Camaros have a lot of trouble with those hoses collapsing. They have a mounting bracket in the middle of the hose that is swagelocked in place and causes this usually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elwah