HD Centerlink on 2003 Tahoe Z71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebuilding the front end of a 2003 Tahoe Z71 in the future. Vehicle is leveled, not lifted.

An aftermarket steering stabilizer is installed using a U-bolt kit. It works and steering is improved, but looking to use a centerlink with provision (hole) for a stabilizer when much of the front end will be apart.

The overall length of the centerlinks:

Original (1500 series): 28.75”
HD series: 30.5”
Total of 1.75” longer

Can the existing adjustment range compensate for this change in overall length?

Is the thread pitch / size compatible to use the 1500 series tie rods / end links?

Still in the investigation stage…

Had this been done by anyone?
Don’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Searched the forum did not come across an answer.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Rebuilding the front end of a 2003 Tahoe Z71 in the future. Vehicle is leveled, not lifted.

An aftermarket steering stabilizer is installed using a U-bolt kit. It works and steering is improved, but looking to use a centerlink with provision (hole) for a stabilizer when much of the front end will be apart.

The overall length of the centerlinks:

Original (1500 series): 28.75”
HD series: 30.5”
Total of 1.75” longer

Can the existing adjustment range compensate for this change in overall length?

Is the thread pitch / size compatible to use the 1500 series tie rods / end links?

Still in the investigation stage…

Had this been done by anyone?
Don’t want to reinvent the wheel.

Searched the forum did not come across an answer.
I believe the inner thread pitch is bigger maybe go to advance or AutoZone and ask to see both inner tie rods and compare with a dial caliper?
Worst case you could bring it to a good machine shop to have it welded up and re tapped for a 1500 style tie rod? I had the duel stabilizers on my 99 but I had a 6” lift and the one end bolted to the crossmember drop the other ends u bolted on to the tie rods if I remember correctly

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Agreed.
May have to shorten the tie rods as well to accommodate the increased length of the HD centerlink.
With my lift kit we usually got to cut a inch off the inner tie rods anyways to get the alignment done so that shouldn’t be a issue I wouldn’t think

OP
OP
dps01

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. That is good to know.

KRYPTONITE makes a nice upgrade for the HD trucks…. but it is high dollar stuff…. May put a call into them as well to see what their input may be.

I am planning on using their front hub / bearing when the time comes.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what fruit comes of this.
I'm cautiously optimistic about using 2500-type steering / suspension parts on my Tahoe.

Also researching how to use an H2 rear swaybar ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caz kraus