HD hood on a YUKON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so there is lots of info on HD hoods on a Tahoe...but how about an YUKON?

It looks like Copper&Black did it, so I know it can be done and it looks great! Everyone says it fits with "just a little cutting around the headlights."

Can anyone give the details on this? is this a big deal, is the structure or the latch area need to be modded? Can a dotco and some sanding get it there or is there welding and filling that would need to be done?

I know im not the only yukon guy out there wanting to do this...any info or pics of the underside of the hood would be great!

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
I would like to say its just a matter of cutting aroung the headlight area abd smoothing it out...

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate Via Verizon 3G.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
But do it man looks beast on Nbs ..you'll be like 4th person to get it out of 135678 kons on here that dont have it!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

05CLEANYUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi new on here and just thought I'd share my experience with the HD hood. It bolts right up to your stock hinges. You just have to cut around the headlights so you can close it. Another thing is it doesn't cover the grill completely so you might want to make the holes on the hinges a little bigger to pull the hood forward

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi new on here and just thought I'd share my experience with the HD hood. It bolts right up to your stock hinges. You just have to cut around the headlights so you can close it. Another thing is it doesn't cover the grill completely so you might want to make the holes on the hinges a little bigger to pull the hood forward

good to know, thanks!

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this on my '05 Sierra HD. Those hoods are not easy to come by!

OP
OP
W

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im curious about the "hood not covering the grill" this is where some pics would be really great!

I searched for these hoods and they seem to go for about 300 bucks? is that right? are these reproduction hoods not worth buyin?

05CLEANYUK

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's a pic so you can see what i mean by it doesn't completely cover the grill. It was popped out a little but it gives you an idea.

Attachments

• newhood2.jpg
    newhood2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 131

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus