HD hood on a YUKON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm it looks like the grill is completely covered to me?

It looks as though it doesn't come out as far as the grill.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

im curious about the "hood not covering the grill" this is where some pics would be really great!

I searched for these hoods and they seem to go for about 300 bucks? is that right? are these reproduction hoods not worth buyin?

OEM quality hd hoods go for about $300 and up.

mason313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan to do this for my denali over the winter

diesel1114

Reaction score
hi guys just picked up a 2005 yukon and i want to do this so bad the trucks look amazing , wheres the best place to get a h-d hood ? and what experieces have you guys had ? :Handshake:

diesel1114

Reaction score
is there any way to make up the gap between the hood and grill , havent had any replys back , really want to do this mod to my yukon ,

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi new on here and just thought I'd share my experience with the HD hood. It bolts right up to your stock hinges. You just have to cut around the headlights so you can close it. Another thing is it doesn't cover the grill completely so you might want to make the holes on the hinges a little bigger to pull the hood forward

Here's a pic so you can see what i mean by it doesn't completely cover the grill. It was popped out a little but it gives you an idea.

Seems as though you need to elongate the holes on the hinge side of the hood to slide it forward a bit so it sticks out as far as the grill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus