HD hood or not? Please help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
In case you need more convincing

showthread.php

Attachments

• IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good....maybe we could meet up sometime so I could check out what a tune does on one of these things before I pull the trigger....

CarToons

Reaction score
Don't know exactly what it is about those HD hoods, but they look to me like the trucks are able to talk to me now. I'm even starting to think that my 04 Sierra 1500 needs one. Ive had that truck since it had 14 miles and loved the stock hood till now

OP
OP
bkboatnsleds

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know exactly what it is about those HD hoods, but they look to me like the trucks are able to talk to me now. I'm even starting to think that my 04 Sierra 1500 needs one. Ive had that truck since it had 14 miles and loved the stock hood till now

I would agree. and the pics dont do it justice.. looks so much better than it shows..!

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Looks good....maybe we could meet up sometime so I could check out what a tune does on one of these things before I pull the trigger....

Yeah - Not far from ya at all. I have the 6.0 with headers and exhaust so it might not be a direct comparison, but I see you have the 6.0 too right?

If I were to do it again would I spend the $ on the tune? Not sure.. I think the largest noticeable area is the torque management. There is a guy who has a shop across from me who did it.. Cool thing is you pay him once for the license to your ecu and the tune, and he'll tweek it as much as you want for you from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925