hd hood- question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've seen that done before, you just have to know what you're doing. I don't remember, but are there those adjustable bumpers under the Hood? I've also hear that the fenders have to be adjusted sometimes, in order to line things up. Every vehicle is a little different.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the drivers side, i can push it down to contact the rubber stopper. thats what makes me think its just a bit tweaked.
If i can do it with just the hood i would prefer. If i raise the fender, then the door gap is off. and down the line it goes.....
I will move slow, and not resort to the BFH. When i was on the cummins diesel forums. Most issues were solved with the B.ig F.ucking H.ammer

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Would it be possible to use shims on the opposite side upper Hood hinge? Or, you can tweak the one side of the Hood like you stated, I've seen it done before.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true, thats probably a safer start than going right to bending. I will give that a shot once it warms up a bit.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was ready to send and got sidetracked.

There are a few threads searching Google about alignment or the gap issues noted when making this swap. I don't have them handy.

My HD hood sits perfect on the grill line from the front and looks good at the wiper cowling. The gaps between the fenders are wider than OEM.

I thought about bending the hinges but like you mentioned the door to fender gap is good.

The mid bumpers and front bumpers (these can adjust).

I spoke to the body shop who does classic cars. He said t fits in all the Right spots. We start moving or tightening any more you run the risk of other body panels as mentioned out of alignment.

He said he could ream and epoxy holes to close the gap but then we are getting money and mods $$$.

The small imperfections in the gaps and fitment beyond my OEM hood I just have dealt with and is never noticed. I still wouldn't trade it for the look aesthetically it brings. My .02.

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after a few weeks of other projects. i finally got around to tinkering with it.
I put a few spacer washers on the passenger side, lowered the latch and it lines up nice. I am happy with the fit.
next is to have it painted. but that can wait until i slap in the lowering springs i painted myself.

willinnashville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to resurrect it to say thanks, I thought I was gonna need to bring a trailer but it fit just fine in the back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jglynn83