HE383E crate motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Constant

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's a lot other items to consider.

Did a lot of considering, number crunching and agree. I don't really "need" the 383, just want it. But the 350 has been great to me; I plan on putting it in the old truck because it should last another 50K before needing a rebuild (first one for me). After crunching the numbers, I'll be swapping for a crate 350 with new accessories, etc. I'll be putting the old L31, minus fuel injection (unless I can find the parts for it at the junk yard) into the pickup.
I've never done any mods to the Yukon, yet, and one of the first things I'm looking at is the exhaust. Is there actual real duel exhuast? The only place the pipes come together is at the muffler on my Yukon. So I'm looking at long headers and then new muffler and pipes (cats have 60K on them). I can do mods and add some HP as time goes on. I don't have the skill sets to replace a cam so bolt ons are about the most I can do. I'll do some more searching

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bolt ons are always a great thing. Its a good starter untill you go internals.
That link to stylin trucks for that drop in crate sounds like a really good deal. I got 206K on my yukon and it still turns right on! its been really good.
Id get that crate motor and do a nice heads/intake/cam on it :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925