Head to Ohio..... Where to go??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevymec

Reaction score
We are headed out to Chardon, Ohio. We will be checking out Cleveland as we will be up there about 4 days. Where are some good family places to go? I have 3 boys so it has to be "cool" . We plan on visiting the International Women’s Air & Space Museum so my oldest can get signed off on a Boy Scout merit badge. My wife has looked up a few places but I need so real world input!!

Shrubs2K2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lake View Cemetery - President Garfield grave is there. 3 Medal of Honor recipients, and some really amazing memorials.

OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

Reaction score
OP
OP
Chevymec

Chevymec

Reaction score
We made it back today. 2000 miles, $470 in gas, $25.50 in Tolls, and a dash that is cracked worse now thanks to the WV roads other than the WV turnpike. Those roads SUCK!! Hwy 77 is rough. I've got to get a dashskin for it. Watched the trans temps as the 4l60e did its thing, never got over 210* . Luckily the outside temps weren't too bad.

We made it to the Women's avaition and space museum in Cleveland. Not what I was expecting. It is a couple displays at the airport. Right beside it is the Rock and Roll hall of fame, which no one wanted to go see. We also went to the Christmas Story house, now that was pretty cool. We spent most of the other free time in Chardon at the property. Beautiful property and my mother in law would love to keep it but she already signed a contract with an auctioneer. She would have to buy her brother out to keep it but it would be more than she would want to fork out. We ate at an Amish restaurant a few times which was some great food and price. Only saw a handful of horse and buggies.

Grabbed some candy from a place called White house chocolates and Stopped at the Burton Log cabin and my mother in law loaded up the maple syrup. She was born there so she claims being a northerner! I could live in Chardon or Burton as they are more like where I live here. Didn't see many neighborhoods as compared to here in NC. I'll throw some pictures up later.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23