Headlight mystery help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Escalade. My driver side headlight was going in and out and finally stayed out. I changed the ballast with an oem one and drivers side headlight worked but pass now stopped working. Turned truck on and off a few times and both worked for about a week and now the drivers side is back out

Is there some sort of known issue with these trucks that causes problems like this? Also, anyone happen to know where the headlight harness ground is? I have a feeling it’s a headlight harness issue and would like to rule out the ground first

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
08 Escalade. My driver side headlight was going in and out and finally stayed out. I changed the ballast with an oem one and drivers side headlight worked but pass now stopped working. Turned truck on and off a few times and both worked for about a week and now the drivers side is back out

Is there some sort of known issue with these trucks that causes problems like this? Also, anyone happen to know where the headlight harness ground is? I have a feeling it’s a headlight harness issue and would like to rule out the ground first
most HId issues are ground/power/ballast. and last culprit is the bulb
grounds should be on the left & right bottom side of the radiator support (you have to to pull the bumper cover off to access
not sure if this video is any help or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmyers