Heated windshield washer fuild feature recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMORENOII

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone declined the recall to remove the heated windshield washer fluid feature? I'm taking my truck in to the dealer tomorrow to have the interior chrome door handles replaced under the recent recall, and don't want them to remove the heated windshield wash fluid feature. Is it a matter of me just telling them to not do it? Or are they required to complete the recall?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are required to do it whenever you take it in. Unfortunately you can't prevent them from doing it. But I and a few other members have bought Alphatherm replacement units that work perfectly, and the $100 rebate you'll get will cover the unit.

Maggy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why do they have to do it? It's not their truck, it's your truck. If your taking your truck in for a certain issue you are concerned about, they have no right to do any modifications without asking you or letting you know about it.

I'll roll those dice when it comes to my truck. I've told my dealer that no other work will be done unless they call me first. They can keep their $100

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We don't have to do it. Tell them up front before they do anything that you don't want it done. Then they can document it and make you sign stating you chose not to do the recall.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tried telling them, and I even thought they'd not do it because the dealership knows my dad really well and would let me get away with it, but they told me they are strictly required to do it.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We aren't required to do it if the customer tells us they don't want it done. You have to tell them you don't want it done when dropping off the vehicle and sign a statement declining the recall so you can't sue the dealer or GM if your truck burns down. I forgot to tell the shop not to when I had my brakes done a few weeks ago though so they performed the recall :( I'll get one of those alphatherm units when my rebate check comes.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my truck in today to get a door handle replaced and the took it off. I forgot to tell them not to and they didnt say they where going to take it off.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I am pissed at my dealership.. Basically I go every 4-5 to get my oil changed and they do the checkup well this time they came back and said I need lower balljoints replaced they are really bad they said. I checked on the sheet that they did the checkup last time and they said it was fine.. Pissed because I know the balljoints can't go that bad in 3 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHow