Heated windshield washer fuild feature recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates on this? I just got a note in the mail that says i need to get it done...2008 model year...dont want this thing to burn down...i do love the heated fluid feature tho

Smokymance,

Please keep me posted of the results of your dealer visit. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any updates on this? I just got a note in the mail that says i need to get it done...2008 model year...dont want this thing to burn down...i do love the heated fluid feature tho

Pull the fuses/relays before taking it in so you don't have to rebuy them if you get the aftermarket heater.

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do they have to do it? It's not their truck, it's your truck. If your taking your truck in for a certain issue you are concerned about, they have no right to do any modifications without asking you or letting you know about it.

They have to do it because it's a safety issue. There is a wavier you can sign if you don't want it done that basically says you won't sue GM if your rig catches fire.

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double3 said:
Why wouldn't you want the recall on it?

They are just preventing a possible problem with it right?

Why wouldn't you want it done. It makes no sense not to. I took my truck in for some other service and the service writer told me "hey we replaced a part that was on recall". I was impressed he actually informed me. He then hand delivered a check to my job a few weeks later. How about that. If they told you "hey your door handles and dash were part of a recall" would you decline the replacement. Probably not right "just sayin"

SunnyInCo

Reaction score
Just registered for the forum. I have an 2008 Yukon and took it in for the recall a couple of years ago, even though I still get the postcard in the mail stating I need to have the part removed.
I also never know about the $100 or replacement part. No one at the dealership ever mentioned either of these. Guess I am making a call and see what they say.

Thanks

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SunnyInCo,

Please keep us posted.

If you need additional assistance regarding this issue, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHow