Help!! Draw drains bat every night think its factory amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kirkpatrickdg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I put in a Kenwood DNX 9140 and used a PAC bose adapter I don't use on star any more since i am running phoenix gold amps and focals in the doors. when i turn the car off the aftermarket amps turn off. so does the HU
Just put in a new optima yellow top.
Problem is if i let the car sit for more than one day the system is DEAD.

is it possible that the factory amp is not turning off? if so can i just disconnect it? I read somewhere that it controls the tranny? is this true or what other work around can i do?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll need to start looking at all electronic things to see where drain is...did this just start after install?

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I put in a Kenwood DNX 9140 and used a PAC bose adapter I don't use on star any more since i am running phoenix gold amps and focals in the doors. when i turn the car off the aftermarket amps turn off. so does the HU
Just put in a new optima yellow top.
Problem is if i let the car sit for more than one day the system is DEAD.

is it possible that the factory amp is not turning off? if so can i just disconnect it? I read somewhere that it controls the tranny? is this true or what other work around can i do?

I had the same problem with my factory amp. Even long after I stopped using it and ran everything in the truck off of aftermarket amps, the factory amp was still in the stock location and plugged in. I had a hell of a time tracing it down, but ultimately, that was the problem. Just unplug it if you're running aftermarket stuff.

And no, it doesn't control the transmission.

solored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem, go listen to your factory sub, see if you still hear anything.. I end up re running all the speaker wire to a 4 chan amp (that was allready planned), and then cut the factory stereo wire in all the doors, and it seemed to stop. I believe thats what I did, and it has been fine ever since. But ended up replacing to a red top, since the battery in my truck was a facotry battery I believe! Good luck hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100