Help! had to leave my truck today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
finally broke some ifs parts. i was snow wheeling today and trying a hill clim with about a foot and a half of snow and broke my cv. i was able to limp it home to my cabin but i had to leave it there cuz i had be home this evening. I need to know what parts i need and if ya'll can give me a step by step to fix/remove the shaft to be able to bring it home. any help is appreciated! thanks. heres a pic:

Attachments

• IMG_1853.jpg
    IMG_1853.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 43

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
That's actually a fairly ready fix in a driveway. All you need is a new cv axle. I haven't any time on the torsion beam suspension trucks, but I'm willing to bet you'll need

1 jack
1 stand
1 socket wrench, preferably 1/2 inch drive, but you should be able to get away work 3/8 inch drive
1 decent set of shallow metric sockets
1 long breaker bar to put over your socket wrench for the axle retaining nut at the hub
and, 1 socket for the able retaining nut (iirc, it's either 35 or 36mm). Since your axle is broken I recommend loosening, but not removing, this while the truck is still on the ground and the tire is still on.
If available, a modest set of metric ratcheting box end wrenches may prove to be very useful.

Again, iirc, the sizes of sockets and wrenches that will be needed will consist of 13mm, 15mm, 18mm, and possibly 19mm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO