Help in DFW with Free Travel mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bubbz22

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone here in the DFW area that has done the free travel mod want to help a fella out sometime soon? I'm tired of my truck bottoming out every time I hit a bump. I can buy beer or even pay you(if its not too much), and I'm glad to help out. If I had any cutting tools, and patience :laughing1:, I'd do it myself. I'm free pretty much every weekend.

I'm in Richardson. Don't want to drive too far to get this done.

Thanks for reading

-Kaleb

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaleb, it's so easy you'll be amazed that you waited as long as you did. I did mine in about 15 mins and I rented the reciip saw from Home Depot. It's literally as easy as jack up the rear, put jack stands under the frame, remove wheels, remove shocks/springs, support axle w/ jack, run recip saw along frame on each side, re-assemble.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
super easy! and i thought it was going to be a headache.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, this is really as easy as it gets. If you can use a sawzall you can handle this. Just take your time and if you have questions there people on here that can help ya out.

Mike