HELP, loosing power & noisey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pk64f100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 01 Tahoe 5.3 has been making a noise almost exactly like the nice hum when I added the KN Air Intake sys 10 yrs ago, It is just getting louder. It is also making a "GURGGLING" noise (loss of a better word / description) when I let off gas pedal at times. I dont know if it is an ignition sound or what but truck is definitely lost some power still cruises down the highway at 80 aprox 2,400 rpm but loss of excelleration power and when you accelerate that is when the humming noise gets loudest as you gas it. Anyone have any info, no check engine light or anything like this...I am stumped (I cleaned air filter, MAFS, TB and installed new PVC valve). Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Noise from belts, idlers and tensioners? Exhaust leak? Clogged exhaust starting to happen? Leaning there.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the exhaust sound different? I agree with ron and think it may be a clogged cat. I have actually seen clogged cats glow red so take a look under there after driving at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus