Help me find a good deal on a CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm hoping to put a cold air intake in my truck when I do my spring fluid change/tire change. I have no idea what makes a good CAI. I could blindly buy one off ebay, but I'd like some advice on a good one for a good price. It's an '03 Denali.

Seeing as how most of you already seem to have this done, I figured ya'll would be a good knowledge base to tap and without the annoying pitch of someone trying to sell me something.

Thanks!

Also, my wife wants to know if it will make the truck louder, because she doesn't do loud....lol.

Last edited:

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I bought the ebay intake that looks like an AEM. Seems to work well on my Denali. It does make it a little louder, but only under WOT.

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Green filter. Sounds good but I only have the intake box and filter, but the full CAI looks to be quality.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
heres the best way to look at it. aside from harsh, crude bends a pipe is a pipe. theres no special kind of pipe that accelerates air into the engine. that being said a filter is the thing you should be concerned about. buy a cheap ebay intake with the tube then buy a good filter for it you should save a considerable amount of money that way.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ exactly. thats why i went with a Spectre for around $120 shipped

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
heres the best way to look at it. aside from harsh, crude bends a pipe is a pipe. theres no special kind of pipe that accelerates air into the engine. that being said a filter is the thing you should be concerned about. buy a cheap ebay intake with the tube then buy a good filter for it you should save a considerable amount of money that way.

Ah, roger that. Sounds like a good plan. Thanks.

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would a cai be worth the money what exactly does it do im a noob plz thanks1!!

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you think it makes that much more of a difference than running a k&n filter

I had a K&N drop in filter before i got my spectre CAI and i really couldn`t tell the difference but spectre claims IIRC 12 horsepower at like 5500 rpm and in my opinion it really cleans up the engine bay when you remove the ugly stock box and all those baffles.

I`ve heard that the spectre is an exact copy of the AEM but uses an oiled filter.

I got mine from jegs for around $120 shipped as well.

KMV77

Reaction score
My Tahoe came with a K&N fipk. I have nothing to compare it to since its all I am familiar with on this truck but it has a good amount of power. You can definitely hear it sucking air when you get on the gas. If I wer buying it myself Id do like posted above. Get an inexpensive tube and a good filter.
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou